Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Paige's "sweet" heart...

 A couple weeks ago, the kids and I headed up to Canon City to see Pops. It was my birthday and I hadn't seen my dad for several weeks. We had a great visit...in fact, it was one of the best birthdays ever. Anyway...it had been a while since dad had seen the kids too...and for whatever reason (I think with dad, it's a "just because" reason) he gave each of the kids a $20 bill. It was completely unexpected and the kids were pretty psyched about it. Of course, Taylor needed gas money and used it for gas and to have lunch with her friends. Then...Chase, well...he'd been saving for a new Xbox game and he finally had enough money to buy it. Now Paige...well...she never said a word about it. I did ask her the other day where her $20 was...and she told me that it was in her wallet.

I hadn't thought too much about it until yesterday. I heard the bus pass by, so I went to the front door to wait for Paige. I saw her coming down the street happily swinging a very large white plastic bag. When she got to the door...she was just beaming from ear to ear. I asked her what was in the bag and she told me that she had bought Christmas gifts for everyone (at school)...I asked her how she paid for it and she told me that she had used the money that Grandpa had given her. OMG...what a testiment to a truly selfless heart...a sweet little girl who's always thinking of others and who's heart is in the right place.

I can't even begin to describe how very proud I am of her...how my heart  just beams from her kindness. She never asked us for money to spend at the school xmas store...and never thought of herself. She only thought of making Chrismas special for all of us...

No comments: