

Then a nice dinner at Red Lobster:
It was a great night!
The next weekend was filled with parties galore. Friday (Dec. 12th) was the year end all employee meeting/xmas party for the field employees. Anyway, I was coaxed into attending with Tim and Company. It was very interesting (so say the least)...I sat with Tim, Steve Curry, Norward, Josh and guys. Had to practically beg for a shirt for Nolan (who was in Denver)...Anyway, I brought the vanilla rum (which I snuck in my purse and filled Tim's Coke can with) but, we had a good time. Then Saturday (Dec. 13) was the "office" Christmas party at Park East Restaurant...and it was even more interesting as one of the first things that happened was I was insulted by S.S. herself...whoa...I don't know what her problem is, but whatever...We didn't do the gift exchange (TG)...and I know it took everything "P" had to say Merry Christmas to me, but I was nice so I'm sure it killed her, LOL! J & J brought their kids over and Taylor babysat all of them...after the xmas party Nolan and I and J&J went to the Tumble Weed and had a few drinks...then Taylor called and said Paige was barfing...nice, lol...so we went home.
Two days later, Chase was barfing and then my washer and dryer took a huge dump (in the midst of diarrhea and vomiting)...and of course, Nolan was in Denver. He came back and we went out and picked out a new W&D...so by Friday, we were back in business...the washing business that is, LOL! That same Friday, the 19th, was the anniversary of Mom's death...so Mike, Jean, Kenny, Kathy, Nolan and I went up to the TW to have drinks. It ended up being a fun night. Steve C. and Carol were there, as was Leon and then Kathy's sister Tami also joined us so it was a good time!
Monday (the 22nd)...Jimmy was flying into Denver. He was suppose to arrive at 9:30 am, but there were weather delays...so his flight to Chicago was delayed and then he got shipped to Fargo, ND for a 6 hour layover only to find out he was not on the list...he did get on standby for the 5 pm flight to Denver and arrived at DIA around 8:30 pm...Nolan picked him up while I waited at the hotel with Tim...so after they arrived at the hotel, we had a few beers and then me and Jimmy left for Pueblo. Jimmy drove so we made good time LOL. When we got home, Mike B. was waiting for us and we sat around at 1 am shooting the shit and had a few beers. It was nice to have him home. We got up Tues. morning to more snow showers...we headed over to Kathy's for haircuts...then Jimmy wanted A&W for some nice, greasey, deep fried Pueblo tacos and green chile. We just had a really nice afternoon...but there's never a dull moment when Jim's here as he has a cajillion friends coming and going. Mike and Tony were pretty much a constant. Tony even spent xmas eve and xmas day with us as his mom's in Las Vegas now and his dad headed out to Nebraska, so he was our orphan child, LOL...gotta love Tony and Mike.
We had a nice dinner at Kenny and Kathy's on xmas eve...and xmas day was pretty low key. After presents, we had our xmas brunch (hashbrown casserole) then Nolan and I took a nap while the kids played with all their new toys and gadgets. We had baked Salmon for dinner (as K & K had prime rib...which is what I ususally make for xmas dinner) so...I didn't want to have prime rib 2 nights in a row...so we went with the salmon which turned out excellent. I also made asperagus, wild rice and pasta. After dinner we played Apples to Apples and it was a blast.
Jim made me the most beautiful photo album of our Anniversary/vow renewal...I was just blown away and teary eyed at such a thougtful gift.
We had to take him back up to Denver Sunday morning for his 3:30 pm flight. He flew to D.C. and then on to Roanoke. I love having him come home, but it just tears me up when he has to leave. I cried pretty much all of Sunday...only to have the Broncos lose their last hope at the play offs...so needless to say, Sunday was full of tears. Anyway...here's more pics of December:


This was a week or so before xmas, Chistine spent the night and the kids tried to play a prank on me...I thought it was pretty funny, so I had to take a pic...









No comments:
Post a Comment