Well...kind of, LOL!! I volunteered to help out in Paige's 2nd grade class room on Wednesdays (and then I get to have lunch with my little sweetie). I tested the kids on their "star" words and helped a few with their cursive writing...then I got to grade papers (woohoo)...now that's what I'm talking about. Give me "technical" jobs (ie, grading papers, making copies, filing, etc...)! I know this will probably sound kinda bad, but I really don't want to work with the kids (like one on one stuff)...nothing against kids (per se)...it's just after being a sahm for 16 yrs, I've spent every waking hour with my kids (well til they went to school, lol) and I'm just "over" that aspect, I guess. I like to work, I don't mind working and the fact that I'm volunteering (aka: working for free) proves that...but I really like to work "alone"...I'm the type of person who would probably do well in a little cubicle. Give me my assignment, give me my space and I will produce results, period!
Anyway...it was kinda fun working with the kids too (I have to admit, it wasn't "that" terrible, LOL)...and I know that all the while, I'm using and improving my work skills...and I hope that this will be advantageous to my future prospects in employment with the school district (office work of course, LOL).
Seriously...all I can say is my hat is completely off to teachers. I simply couldn't do it and there really isn't enough money that they could pay me to do it. I prefer clerk/office work...it's what I'm good at and while there are many jobs which offier clerk work...my goal is to work for the district so I can keep similar hours as my own kids...because my job as MOM never ends and I still want to make myself as available as possible to my children before/after school, weekends and holidays. So while I "could" probably get an office job just about anywhere...I'm holding out for the district job. I have come to realize that I may need to lower my standards a hair and possibly take on a job in the cafeteria in order to get my proverbial "foot in the door"...and that's okay too (just haven't seen any food service positions open, yet). Hey...I'm willing to start at the bottom!
No comments:
Post a Comment