Well...here it is the 21st, and I still haven't got around to putting up the Halloween decorations (yikes...my homemaker duties are seriously slacking, LOL)...It's cold and snowing today (started out as a drizzle, then a sleet and now it's snowing)...but it suppose to clear up a bit tomorrow...so, perhaps I'll get it done then.
Had my mammogram this morning and then went over to P's school to grade papers this afternoon and have P's conference. She's doing absolutely awesome...which I expected. She is so easy (at least now...I'll probably be eating my words in about 4 or 5 yrs, LOL)...
Still trying to regroup since our little excursion to Steamboat Springs last week. We had a great time. We got to town around 6:30 and of course, Tim had to get a head start with Clay having 3 margaritas, LOL! I was impressed though...cause we drank a lot thru out the night and he was still standing, LOL. This coming from his once virgin-drinker status only a couple years ago. I'm inclined to say that I "think" he may be able to drink me under the table now (no way he could have 2 years ago)...but wow...and he parties into the night and still is up at 5 am. He's my drinking "hero" LOL! Oh yeah...and in a moment of drinking WTFs...Tim called Scotty...then puts me on the phone to talk to him, LOL! Scotty is soooo cool! Can't wait til we can all party together again!
We spent the evening at the Ghost Ranch Saloon...I knew Tim was wanting to go out Tues. night cause it's County/Western night at the GRS. It was great fun...of course I danced with Nolan (once that I remember, lol ...he's not that much into dancing)...danced with Tim (a lot), with Norwood, with Ernie and with some random guy that asked me to dance. Needless to say...I don't feel like I sat down for 5 minutes the entire night. After we left there, we went to the pub and had a few there. I also played pool with Norwood. We played teams with another pair and then he and I played each other.
Wednesday...Tim bought 2 large pork loins which Clay smoked at the Atmos office. So around 6 pm, we brought the whole bunch (me, Nolan, Taylor, Emily, Erica, Chase and Paige) to the shop to eat. Clay also made beans...it was really, really delicious! But, needless to say...everyone was too tired and trashed to go out...so Nolan and I hung out in our room and just watched tv.
Thursday...we went to Rex's for peel & eat shrimp (me, Nolan, Tim and Clay) and had a few drinks there...then, we headed over to the GRS for more drinks (and dancing of course). They had a blues band which was awesome. Wow...I even got Clay (very shy) to dance with me, LOL!!
Friday...we headed home. We stopped for lunch before we left town and ended up getting home around 6:30 pm...pooped!! It's always fun to go hang out with the crew and party it up a bit!
So...this week it's back to reality (cooking, cleaning, laundry, repeat...)...our next planned excursion is in January to the Broncos vs Chiefs game in Denver. Ahhhh...I hope we can get together before then. Nolan and I have been kicking around the idea of having a little party for all the "gas" guys...I'm up for it, we just need to decide on date so I can get planning. We also need to have Pete and the Tumbleweek crew over for a dinner party. We haven't hosted one yet...so we really need to. I'm thinking since it's football season...we could do a Bronco chili dinner and watch the game. Need to look at my calendar to see what dates I can fit all this in...
No comments:
Post a Comment