Monday, May 24, 2010

End of school year UPDATES!

OMG...I seriously cannot believe how fast this school year has gone...seems just a few weeks ago, they were all out for Christmas break...where has the time gone??? I'm having a tough time realizing my "baby" is almost 9 yrs. old...just unreal! So...here's a few updates on the kids:

Krystal (age 36):

Krystal is finishing up her second year of college in pursuit of her teaching degree! All the while taking care of Christopher 13 and Sydney 11...Krystal is a very hard worker and a survivor! She is much like her dad in that sense...but she also has an incredible sense of "spirit and soul" and don't let her tough demeaner fool you as she has a very soft spot and a kind heart! She and Rick are going on 3 yrs, but no wedding plans, yet!

Jay (age 34):


Jay and Terez..still going strong for 4 yrs (I think, LOL), but I don't foresee a wedding in the near future or in the future at all...I think they're both content with the arrangement, and hey...they're of age, and whatever works! Jay is still commercial painting (I think he's been with Henderson now for almost a decade)...he is an awesome, awesome painter (hoping to get him to help us paint our house). He's suppose to hook us up with some Rockie's tickets (the bus tour) at least once this summer we'd like to go up with the Sunset B&G bus! Good, good kid...heart of gold!

James aka: Jimmy (age 24):


Well...Jimmy moved home (thanks mom for risking life and limb to fly out to the east coast so we could drive home together, LOL), end of April! It's been great having him home...just wish is was under better circumstances...but needless to say, I'm so happy to have him home, though I know he's itching to move to Las Vegas...I am not fond of that idea...but I have been unsuccessful in trying to convince him to stay here (at least for a while)...so, nothing makes me happier than having all my kids home together!! After a 6 yr relationship with Stephanie (and living in Virginia for 5 1/2 yrs), they are done. Jim does have a year of college under his belt, but doesn't want to pursue it any further...and as soon as he has the means, will be joining his friend Darren in Las Vegas...where hopefully, they will write brilliant screen plays together!

Taylor (age 16):


Oh my...Miss Taylor is sweet 16!! And...in just a few short weeks will be getting her driver's license (how can that be possible)! Taylor has just completed 10th grade and will be moving into "upper classmen" status next school year as a Junior in high school!! She put in a hard year of school and activities...but next year will prove to be even tougher as she has made the Varsity Cheer Squad and will con't her role in Studen Council and Key Club! She's also very dedicated to Young Life and has done many community service projects! Taylor is a great kid with big, big dreams!! She is such a help to me (always has been) and is just a joy in my life!!
Chase (age 12):

Chase, Chase, Chase...how do I love thee?? Let me count the ways!!! Well...just found out the good news that Chase did pass the 6th grade and will move into 7th next school year! But...it has been a hard year! Not only the studies part, but Chase suffered a serious clavicle fracture which required surgery to repair. He also had to have another surgery to have the titanium screw removed as the bone had grown over the washer...so, in a few short weeks, he'll be released by the orthopedic surgeon as "good as new"!! Chase will always be a kid at heart...he has an innocent sweetness about him...but also an ornery deviance about him...but all in all, he's a great kid with a good, good heart!!


Paige (age 8):


Miss Paige, Miss Paige, Miss pretty, pretty Paige...Miss pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty Paige!! A little stroll down memory lane as a little tune I used to sing to her as a baby/toddler...wow, now look at her!! Paige has completed 2nd grade with flying colors...I don't call her our little "Brainiac" for nothing, LOL!! Paige is such a complete joy! She is my little "mommy"...she loves to help me around the house and watches very earnestly as I cook (she will be the future turkey maker, LOL)! She's going into her 3rd yr. of tap dance and is doing wonderfully!! She loves dance and God knows that kid has rhythm, LOL!! Miss Paige will be entering the 3rd grade next school year! Can't believe my baby will shortly be 9 yrs. old...time really does fly when you're having fun...and Paige is fun all around!

So...there you have the six-pack update!!!

No comments: