Thursday, July 9, 2009

A love/hate relationship...


Yes...I have one, and it's not with who you think, LOL!! It's actually with the "laundromat"...yep that's right. And why do I have a love/hate relationship with the laundromat you ask?? Well, to be perfectly honest, I've never visited a laundromat that was, well...clean (for one thing)...they're hot, unclean, and I always seem to go when there is the weirdest of weird people there, LOL! Thank goodness I only go 2 or 3 times a year. So, today...was one of the "2 or 3 times a year" days. Since Jim and Steph's visit, then my sister's visit, then father's day, etc...I just can't seem to tackle the mountain of laundry that's been reproducing while I'm asleep, LOL...so I finally broke down today and hauled 8 loads (not everything, but the bulk of it) to the laundromat. Thankfully, I picked a pretty good time to go and there were only a couple people in there. This one woman though...OMG, her 2 tiny kids (I'm thinking barely 2 or so) were running amuck, climbing inside the dryers (and one even shut the door on the other one)...and the lady is oblivious to her children's antics...then the little boy (again, not more than 2 or 3) was playing in one of those metal rolling carts with the hanging rack above and tipped it over (just feet from Paige and I). The cart hit a washing machine and the boy fell to the ground. I picked up the cart and asked him if he was okay...the mom??? Uhhhh, nothing...what an idiot! Then on her way out, she yelled at the top of her lungs at those two babies...what a creep! Anyway, that is one of the reasons I hate to visit the laundromat...I have seen some horrible things (involving children) and it really bothers and saddens me.


On a happier, ummmm love note...I did get 8 loads of laundry washed, dried, hung, folded and home in less than 3 hours...so I do love being able to knock out 2 days worth of washing in just a few hours!! Now...I really need to put on the major nag to get Nolan to get my old washer and dryer hooked up in the basement so I'll have a second set ((yippee))! That would cure a multitude of sins and make trips to the laundromat, much fewer and much farther between, LOL!!

No comments: