Friday, July 31, 2009

Paige's 8th Birthday!! 7-23-09

Well...it's hard to believe that my little Paigey-Pie is 8 years old already...OMG, it just seems like it was yesterday that I was pg with her.



She was actually due on July 24th...and the day before, I got up and went about my day as usual. In fact, early that afternoon, I had the carpets cleaned. While the carpets were being cleaned, I took Taylor and Chase over to Tammi's house to swim with Krystal and her kids. When I got there, they weren't there (she had to run a quick errand and didn't have a cell phone)...so I waited for about 15 minutes, but when she didn't come back...I had to leave because I knew that the carpet guys were gonna be done soon and I needed to get back home to write them a check. So...we loaded back up and started the 20 min. drive back home. During the drive, I noticed that I had had at least 3 or 4 contractions (about 5 min. apart)...so after I got home, I called Nolan and said that maybe we should run up to the hospital and have them check me. So...Nolan came home and got me...and I think Krystal ended up coming out to stay with Chase and Taylor (Jimmy was 15 at the time)...

Anyway...we got to the hospital between 4 and 4:30...and I was admitted (at 4-5 cm)...I still was not having any painful contractions...they were regular, but they didn't hurt. My sil, Kathie, met us at the hospital, cause she wanted to be there for the birth (she had been at Chase's birth too)...and my sister was on her way from Boulder (about a 3 hour drive). My doctor, Dr. Tonsing (who was not my regular doctor was filling in cause my reg. doctor was no longer doing OB), came in and immediately wanted to break my water. Ummmm...no! Cause then I'll have this kid in 20 min. with no pain meds and after my experiece with Chase's delivery...uhhhh no thank you. So she called down to anesthesia...they came and got the required blood work and around 5:30, Dr. Wonderful came and placed my very first epidural! It was nice, but you have to realize that at this point, I was not in any pain...I just didn't want to go thru another excruiating l&d like Chase's was. By 6 pm, my contractions had slowed a bit, so they started some pitocin. At this point, the nurse was having me roll from side to side after each contraction. All the while, we were visiting with sil and her dd stopped by as she was in the hospital visiting a friend who just had a baby the day before...so she and her own baby (who was about 5 months old) were there too.

All of a sudden...when I had rolled from side to back...I felt what I thought was like a gas bubble. When the nurse checked me...she started screaming not to move or push or anything. She's calling down to the nurse's station to see if my doctor is still there and thankfully, she was. Doctor comes running in and in 2 seconds the bed's broke down and we're ready to go. All the while, I'm thinking...wow...this is easy...if I'd only known this 4 kids ago, we might have ended up with 10 kids, LOL!!

So I gave a couple good pushes and there SHE was (we didn't know the sex of any of the kids before they were born). Nolan cut the cord and the rest is history!! Even Nolan said, " Uh Uh Plllthhhhh...that's it??"...I said what more do you want?? LOL Guess he was just used to the other births with lots of pain, screaming, etc...I have to admit, it was really nice to just push and enjoy the birth experience instead of being in excruiating pain!

So...our little Paige Marlena was born on July 23, 2001 @ 7:01 pm. She weighed 8 lbs...5 oz...21" long!!












Here's some more of sweet little Paige...

Lunch with Courtney at DCs on "B" Street:


Birthday dinner in Durango (Mom, Dad, Paige, Chase, Tim and Brian):




Holiday and Spring dance recitals:




After riding the Steel eel at Sea World San Antonio:



In Corpus Christi:



Paige in Arkansas last Oct. 2008:

No comments: