I started my new job today!! I absolutely LOVE it! My days/hours are awesome...the people I work with are awesome...and the church didn't burst into flames when I walked in...so I guess I must not be ALL bad, LOL!! Even the pastor's wife brought me flowers (how darn sweet is that??)! I love being able to use my office/computer skills again and working in a church also allows me to use my "nursing" skills as well in that so much of nursing is about care, concern and compassion...and I love the fact that along with the "nuts and bolts" of the job, I get to use my "other" skills as well! I am so grateful and humbled to have been given this opportunity! When I was first laid off from KRSC, I was really devestated...not only did I fear losing so many great friendships that had formed, but I honestly felt that I had "wasted" time in developing all the proposal and billing systems, etc...and that I should have spent that time doing something else with my life. Well...this is where "hindsight" becomes very evident. Not only will all the skills I learned at that job serve me well in my current job...but my patience (and God's Grace) has really paid off as well (and the great friendships that had formed thru working at KRSC are alive and thriving to this day...being laid off didn't change a thing). I had thought that getting hired with the school district would be the perfect job so I began applying for various positions last August, with not so much as an interview (think you gotta know "someone" on the inside)...I was getting so frustratated with rejection letters when this job came along. My friend Michelle encouraged me to apply for it...so I did. I never thought in a million years I'd get the job...but God works in mysterious ways!
Another example of how how God's Grace has touched my life...
No comments:
Post a Comment