Well...got my steri-strips of today (okay, it's technically Saturday...but I haven't really gone to sleep yet, so it's still Friday to me, LOL). The incisions look good and I go back next Tues. afternoon for another f/u! I was told that I can NOT wear a bra. Hmmmm...great if my new job was in a bar, but it's in a CHURCH!!! LOL I'm liking it though...having perky boobs that don't NEED a bra...but I do have these perpetually erect nipples that I need to deal with, LOL. I bought some camisoles to wear under my shirts and then I'll wear a jacket/sweater/button up shirt over all that...and that ought to do the trick! I'm still having a little drainage on the left side and I was given some silver nitrate cream to put on the vertical incision.
The kids were all out with friends tonight...so Nolan and I went to the Do Drop Inn for dinner (take out). We had a couple of margaritas (half price) while we were waiting. Ed and Nancy were there and invited us to sit at their table (it was jam packed in there) with them while we waited. Bless Ed's heart...he tells me the "what do Alexander the Great and Kermit the Frog have in common" joke every time we see him (what a nut, lol )...btw, the answer is that they have the same middle name, LOL! We came home to eat and watch a movie (Vice Versa) and I could not stay awake. I dozed off at some point and was then awoken by a text msg from Troy. He and Ty were out at DJ's tonight and wanted Nolan and I to join them...ahhhh that would have been fun, but definitely not up to going "out" yet! So...now I've been up since 11:30 watching reruns of "Real Housewives of OC" and "Real Housewives of New York City"...
Well...my new job as office administrator for our Methodist church starts Monday. I am sooooo excited to not only put all my office/clerk skills to work, but to be in an environment such as the church to help people and show my compassionate/nurturing side will really make the nuts and bolts of the job more meaningful! I had another meeting with the church board yesterday that went very well! I'm really looking forward to getting to know them all and working with them. I was told that they had a LOT of applicants for this position and I was selected because I am a "people" person (I knew all those years at the Tumble Weed would eventually pay off, LOL)...Pastor Dave also shared some very sweet comments he received about me from my references. Wow...I'm truly humbled and blown away at the comments...very sweet! Got to go to Kohl's today and get some new "work" clothes. I found a few pairs of slacks (dressy black pants, Khakis and some brownish dress pants)...and a couple pencil skirts...a new white denim jacket and a couple shirts!! I love dressing up and of course I am going to be the first person anyone comes into contact with when they come into the church...so I want to look as professional as possible (while still looking stylish and cute of course, LOL)! Oh and on Sunday the 14th...they are going to formally introduce me to the congregation, YIKES...believe it or not...I do get a little "shy" in front of large crowds, LOL...hopefully, I won't have to speak! LOL
On a side note...I am still in the midst of my Lent commitment (no beer). It's been 3 weeks since I had a beer...and actually, it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would. Of course, we haven't been going "out" either...and it's such a social thing...it might be harder when we're out, but so far so good! I'm going to make it to Easter damn it!! Oops...I need to cut my cussing habit before Monday, LOL!!
Had a lunch date today with Tim. We went to Chili's (my choice cause it's right across the street from Kohl's) LOL! We had a nice visit and it was good to catch up (more than quick phone calls/texts). I am so blessed to have such a great friend in Tim...he's true blue and I know he would always be there for me in a heartbeat! We had reg. iced tea today, LOL...last time we went to lunch, we had Long Island Iced Teas...and lunch turned into dinner, LOL!! OMG...Tim has got to be one of the funnest drinking buddies ever!
Well...it's quickly approaching 2 am...so I really need to get some shut eye!! Ni-night! XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment