Well...here it is past the mid month point already (where does the time go?) and Spring is officially here, though the forecast for tomorrow is calling for more snow. Gotta love Spring in Colorado, LOL!!
Well...today was the beginning of week 3 of my new job. I'm totally flying solo now and so far, so good! Dave (pastor) is out of the office this week (due to spring break)...so no staff meeting this Wed., which will help me catch up on a few things. I'm definitely starting to get the hang of things. I can see now though, that I'm going to have to set a deadline for articles/inserts for the Sunday bulletin for Wed.@ noon. I need to have the bulletin done (edited, proof-read, and prettied up) by the end of my working day (2 pm) on Wed's so that I can begin printing on Thursday mornings (it takes a while to print all those bulletins) and another long while to fold them all. Hey, the kids are on spring break this week, they can come and help me on Thursday afternoon, LOL!!
So...speaking of Spring Break...well, the kids are off this week, but I'm not (except for Friday, I always have Fridays off)...got thru today with no problems. So, unfortunately...we can't go to Aunt Elaine's this break, but maybe in the fall or over xmas break we can head down south for a few days. Next week is Evan's spring break...I know P's planning on coming down...and I hope she's not planning on dumping Evan off here as I won't be home and my kids will all be back in school. It's also "Holy Week" and I will be very busy at work not only during my working hours, but there's a lot of happenings going on that week at the church as we lead up to Easter. I think we will attend the 8 am service so we can get back early and the kids can do their Easter baskets. I'm planning on doing a nice ham dinner (think I'd like to eat at noon and rest the rest of the day). I've almost got everyone's easter clothes together. Taylor got the cutest dress at Kohl's yesterday. I got Chase some Khaki pants and I got Paige's sandals. I need to get Nolan a "purplish" tie, and Chase a purple shirt and we'll all be color coordinated, LOl!
Tomorrow is another f/u appt. with Dr. K...then right after that, on to meeting at Wells Fargo to discuss our refinance and future finance of "Holly Acres"! I am soooooooo praying that if we refi our existing home to "interest only", we'll qualify for the new building loan (Legacy Homes will get the construction loan and we can use our lot as our down pmt...but have to secure permanent financing by closing after the home is built)...If we cannot qualify, we're really considering asking my dad if he would "technically" buy the home...though we would be paying for everything (we would just need to use his name for financing purposes) and then as soon as we sell our current house, we could purchase the home from him (basically from ourselves as he would own it in "name" only)...it wouldn't cost him a dime...just his time to fill out the financing stuff. The plan is to (A) try to avoid having to move twice (if we sold this house quickly, we'd have to move to a rental til our new house was done approx. 5 months) and (B) Vacating this house before listing it as to improve it's chances of selling quickly (with no people, etc...it can have a lock box and be shown whenever). If dad can't do it, we're prepared to ask N's boss if he would. I have been waiting for 5 long years (8 if you count the number of years we've lived here and I've wanted to move)...but 5 since we found the "Pinon" model (which I love so much) and bought our lot "Holly Acres".
I have a feeling (like the Black Eyed Peas say) that tonight's gonna be a good night (or rather this year's gonna be a good year)...and soon we'll be in our new, more modest, more affordable home in the country (byebye golf course)!!
Speaking of golf...I've been invited to join the "Divots & Drinks" ladies Wed. night golf league/lessons. Two of the Desert Hawk's golf pros put this on and I hear it's really fun (need to ask Michelle if she'd like to do it too). For $20 a week, you get a semi-private golf lesson (covering all the basics...driving, chipping, putting, etc.)...then the ladies break up into smaller groups and play 3 or 4 holes...and then back to the club house for drinks (included in the $20 price). I'm definitely going to do it!!! Then I'll have to take my Pops out and play golf with him and my brother Kenny!!
Let's see...I've covered kids, job, house, golf...is there anything else??? LOL That's my mid month update...will check back later hopefully with good news as to when we can "break ground" on the new crib!! LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment