So...my baby is 9 this July!! It was a rushed week after we got back from San Diego because not only was Paige's bday that following Friday, but I had guests coming from Oklahoma that same day as well. My friends Susan & Steve were coming thru our town on their way to Provo, Utah to deliever their oldest son to the MTC (Mission Training Center). Yes...my mormon friends from Okie! I met Susan about 11 yrs ago when I very first discovered Baby Center. We were both thinking about having a 4th child and ended up in the same group. We soon left the group and formed a more intimate email friendship. For many, many years we've stayed in touch via email. We've also talked on the phone and I had even met Susan and her family on two separate occassions while traveling thru Oklahoma. And...one of the funniest things about our friendship was wayyyyyyyyy back when (at our old house), I had had my eye on a schoolhouse clock that was carried by Service Merchandise...however, our SM did not carry that item. She looked at the SM in Tulsa (I believe) and they had it, so she bought it and shipped it to me (and I paid her back)...I love that clock and it's still hanging in my kitchen to this day, chiming on the quarter, half and hour (though it does shut off during the night, LOL)...anyway, Steve and Susan (and their 3 kids) arrived around 6 pm...I had made a big meal of BBQ pork, BBQ chicken, home made potato salad, roasted corn on the cob, watermelon, and birthday cake! We really had a nice time...in fact, I just got a text from Susan today asking what exactly I put in my bean dip (refried beans, Velveeta Cheese and Salsa...mix together and bake or crockpot til cheese is melted through). We put them up in our basement for the night and they took off mid morning on Saturday heading for the Royal Gorge! Here's some highlights from Paige's bday bbq:
Happy 9th Birthday my Paigey Pie!!







No comments:
Post a Comment