♦ New clothes for trip $500
♦ Gas to Denver $60
♦ Look on the kids' faces when they found out we were flying to San Diego = PRICELESS
T, C and P had never flown, so this was their first flying experience! It was great...
After arriving in San Diego, we got our rental car and drove the 30 minutes to the resort. It was a gorgeous resort, and like always, DCA greeted us with lots of goodies! The first night we were there, DCA had a welcome reception/dinner...and the food was fabulous! Here's a view from one of our rooms (we had adjoining rooms):
Thursday, we headed to Sea World San Diego. I have to say that I was a little disappointed. It really cannot compair to Sea World San Antonio, IMO...But, we had a good time anyway! Unfortunately, my digital camera was ruined on a water ride (grrrrrr), so I only have a few photos from SW. I got a pretty bad sunburn dispite wearing spf 50 sunscreen...but the kids had a blast!
Unfortunately...do to the camera accident, I didn't get any pics of our day at the beach or at the San Diego Zoo! We spent Friday at the beach and then Friday night there was another DCA poolside dinner (which was spectacular). Saturday morning, we headed to San Diego to do the Zoo. The TomTom was determined to put us smack dab in the middle of a gay pride parade, LOL...we finally pulled over and a very nice older gay gentleman, told us exactly how to get to Balboa Park! The SD Zoo was awesome...we were there in 1999, but it's even better now! I'm so glad all the kids were old enough to enjoy and remember it! I got a really awesome wooden windchime which I'm going to hang in one of the aspen trees in our back yard. Then Sunday...back to the airport. I was amazed at how small the SD airport is...we had a nice flight home and arrived 15 min. ahead of schedule at DIA...It was a whirlwind trip for sure, but I'm so glad we went and took the kids!
We do have one picture from the Zoo that was taken before we went on the guided tour:










No comments:
Post a Comment