Yes...today was the last day of school!! Woo Hoo (I'm looking forward to sleeping in til 8 am, LOL)...and starting this fall, I'll have one child in college, one child in high school, one child in middle school, and one child in elementary school...so I think that 'bout covers it!! In some respects...this year has flown by...but in other respects, it has been a long, often hair pulling, school year. The kids are all moving up to the next grade YAY!! Our elementary school will also have "another" new principal. Mrs. B retired last June and we had a new principal, Mrs. T...so I was a bit surprised to read in the school news letter that she would be leaving us so soon. Of course, I had to get the "scoop" from all the first grade teachers (yesterday at the 1st gr. field trip)...hmmmm...I did get an earful, LOL. Aparently she was on her period 4 weeks out of the month, LOL...no but seriously...you can't just come into a new school (that's been running smoothly) and make all these outrageous changes without some serious staff resistance. Anyway, they've already met the new principal, and said they got a great feeling about her...so we'll see.
Awwww...summer days and nights...gotta love 'em! What do I love about summer??? Hmmmm...well, let me count the ways, LOL!
* I love not waking up to an alarm...
* I love the smell of lilac and jasmine in the air...
* I love the smell of grilling burgers...
* I love morning thunder..
* I love rain and thunder (any time of the day)...
* I love feeling the sun's warm rays on my skin...
* I love waking up to chirping birds...
* l love watching the same birds come back year after year building their nests in the same place...
* I love cold beer on a hot day...
* I love watermelon...
* I love going to the drive-in...
* I love listening to crickets at night...
* I love spending lazy days with the kids...
* I love late night walks under the stars...
* I love the State Fair which visits us every August...
* I love the beautiful sunsets over the Sangre De Cristo mountain range...
* I love outdoor swimming...
* I love seeing the deck and porch full of brilliant colored flowers...
* I love watching the kids run through the sprinklers...
* I love seeing neighbors outside...
* I love summer parties...
* I love the cool breeze of summer nights...
Wow...well, those are just a few of my favorite "summer" things!
1 comment:
Holy cow! Your schools get out EARLY! Greg was out last week, but my girls are still in till the end of this week!
Enjoy your summer!
Post a Comment