Well...here it is June 1st already. Paige will start her summer rec program today and Taylor is having some teeth pulled, but it's also just 5 more days til Jim & Steph's visit!! At this point, I'm not only counting the days, but the hours and minutes as well. I'm so excited to see my boy!! We have been plenty busy around here though trying to get things ready not only for Jimmy's visit, but for the party on Saturday night. We have gotten so much done this weekend, even I'm impressed, LOL! The office is once again an "office" (and not Paige's room)...and Chase & Paige are together again (and I've built enough bedroom furniture to last a lifetime, LOL)...Taylor's new bedroom is up and the entertainment room actually looks like a room again! My poor living room is once again EMPTY...but not for long. Wednesday, the new stuff is coming (even though I don't have the money for it cause of the job I thought I had, but don't, which began my "jump the gun" shopping spree, but oh well...I'm not taking it back now)...More on the job thing later.
So Nolan's been working in the garage throwing out all the junk (and piles of old carpet which have been taking up an unGodly amount of space in there)...making room for all the stuff we're getting rid of (which will hopefully pay for some of the new stuff LOL). Who knew that all I had to do to get things done around here is to plan a party. OMG, projects and things which have sat unfinished for nearly two years, have suddenly gotten done all in the span of a week. If I'd have only known this a year ago, LOL! Anyway, a couple days ago, I wasn't sure that even WE could pull this off (masters of the 20 min. house showing call), but today we made a major dent in things. I've got almost 5 huge boxes ready for Goodwill and our trailer is full of stuff to take to the dump (have I mentioned that I offered just to hold a big bon fire in our back yard??? LOL). Dare I say that for the first time in 7 years, I'm actually almost starting to like this house ((lightening strike)) LOL! Well...I've always said that nobody is going to buy a house that isn't loved...so this is really a win/win situation. If we get it all fixed up/up dated and we decide we love it enough to stay...then we have a home that we love...and if we decide we still want to sell it, I have no doubt it will sell this time!
Tomorrow morning, I've got to drop Paige off at her summer reg program...then head out to get all my bedding plants...and then after Tay's dental appt...I plan on working on planting the rest of the day. Oh, and I need to get my piano tuned this week too. Tuesday morning, I'm going to steam clean our livingroom carpet and con't working on the inside. Wednesday will be my furniture coming and also shopping for Saturday (food, paper products, etc.)...and I need to order a meat/cheese tray from Gagliano's Deli. OMG...just so much to get done still, but I can't wait!!
Oh...the job woes! Well, I'm over it...I was upset Friday, but ya know...I'm really glad to find all this out now and not after the fact. Aaron is a bullshitter and I don't care if he is one of Nolan's biggest clients...he can seriously kiss my arse! I really need to get as far away from the Gas business as possible. Note to self: next time Nolan (or one of his biggest clients) offers me a job...RUN, RUN FAR, FAR AWAY!!! Honestly, at this point...I'd rather work for and help Tim out for free than to work for someone like Aaron for a salary. I'm a huge believer in things working out when they're meant to be...and this obviously wasn't meant to be. Okay...and I learned a lesson about counting my chickens before they're hatched (spending my paycheck before I actually have one)...but I will not make either mistake again.
Crap...gotta get some shut eye!
1 comment:
WTG!!!!! You guys are making such GREAT progress! You are my inspiration! Good job girly!
Post a Comment