Monday, June 8, 2009

Just wanted to thank Jimmy's guardian angel...

Yeah...the kids (Jim & Steph) arrived on Sat. June 6th (so happy to see them). And our party took off @ 7 pm. It was a pretty good turn out, though none of our neighbors showed, which is no biggie. I'm not surprised as I didn't even get them an invite til Thursday evening, but honestly...it was more like a "courtesy" invite (not one from the heart). Steve Curry brought me a bouquet of flowers and Pete brought us a bottle of wine. My brothers, sils, neices, etc...were all here. It was so great to have everyone together. So why am I thanking Jimmy's guardian angel?? Well...unbeknownst to me, Jim left for a few minutes to go for a ride on Tony's Harley-Davidson. I was in the garage when I heard a motorcycle, but I had no idea that Jim had left with Tony. Anyway...about 10 minutes later, I was in my bathroom (powdering my face, etc.) when Jimmy knocked and came in. He was all banged up. His hand was injured and he had a bunch of cuts and scrapes on his legs (he was in shorts). I could tell from the look on his face that something was wrong before he even opened his mouth. He and Tony wrecked the bike. OMG...I think I had a heart attack, panic attack and aged about 15 yrs. all in the scope of a couple seconds. They were just down the street and only doing about 30 mph when they hit a patch of gravel and wiped out. Jimmy was thrown over the handle bars and landed in somebody's lawn. All I can say, is thank God he was wearing Tony's helmet!!! I literally get sick to my stomach when I think that the night could have ended in tragedy if not for Jimmy's guardian angel.

After talking to Steph about it...I've come to the conclusion that perhaps it was a blessing in disguise. Apparently, Jimmy had been talking to Steph (recently) about wanting to get a motorcycle and he was pretty shook up after this accident and said he'd never get on another motorcycle again (thank God)...

I do not want my boys (or girls for that matter) riding or riding on any motorcycles. I will not allow my kids to have them while living under my roof.

Anyway...down on bended knee thanking God for watching out for my precious boy...

No comments: