Monday, June 8, 2009

My house progress and an epiphany...

Well...the last few weeks have been hard (labor intensive) and enlightening as well. Jimmy's visit and having the party seemed to get everyone's butt into gear. I can't remember the last time that things looked so nice. Anyway, Sunday morning....Nolan and I got up and were sitting on the back deck having our coffee under the patio umbrella when something occurred to me: I don't want to move! I don't. As much as I love the Legacy home...I really don't want to move and leave the familiar environment as well as the memories we have now made here over the last 7+ years. Not all the memories were good ones, but along with the bad...we have some very good memories. It also occurred to me how much I enjoy having Jimmy come "home"...if we leave here and move into a new house (which he's never lived in), it won't be "home" to him. I think I've realized that it isn't really the "house" that has been making me so miserable all these years...but rather being in "limbo"...feeling unsettled and always in the "going to move" mode which has made me so unhappy. With my recent "update" to several rooms...I can honestly say for the first time, I really love the home we've created. And while our neighbors are a bit on the snobby side...at least we know everyone. I cannot fathom the thought of having to "start over" in a new neighborhood and quite possibly ending up with worse neighbors, kwim?

So...to make a long story short...I've decided to stay here and to make this THE home that I've been avoiding making all these years cause I thought we were moving. I'm planting my roots and this is home. Anyway...here's a few photos of the new spaces (master bedroom, kitchen dining area, living room and piano room):










1 comment:

Angie said...

Wow- your house is gorgeous!! I love it Carolyn. You did a great job. I am glad you finally came to peace with the home you have created. :)