Monday, February 15, 2010

Do you ever wonder...

if sometimes BAD shit happens for a GOOD reason?? I do...more than ever now! After the fiasco last Friday night with John and Kim...I never thought that I might actually be grateful for the "crap" that they started. Lord knows how upset I was...but this whole thing has made me take a second look at my life and how I'm living it! I think that I've been having "fun" at any cost and to the exclusion of everything else.

My sweet baby daughter Paige (who's been attending church with my dear friend Michelle) was scheduled to light candles on Valentine's Day early church service. I had planned many weeks ago to attend it. Funny that I joked the night before that I'd be lucky if lightening didnt' strike me when I walked in...and yet, lucky for me...lightening did strike me yesterday. The whole service almost seemed like it was written about my life...and it really touched my heart. This Methodist church is very mellow, tame...and I think I can handle it (even though I may not subscribe to their exact doctrine)...it seems a nice place to spend a Sunday morning!

Strangely enough...they're currently looking for a part-time office administrator...so I sent in my resume. It would be a perfect job for me, especially now that I know the church isn't going to spontaneously combust upon my entrance, LOL! I'm hoping to hear something this week (please God, just an interview...I think I could handle it from there, LOL)! Even if I don't get the job...it was an enlightening experience and I think it was surely meant for me to be there!




So...thank you Kim and John for the wake up call! Great job Paige!!

No comments: