Well...we (Nolan and I) spent the entire afternoon in the ER! Here's the story...
Nolan's been having "chest pain" since Saturday. I've been "trying" to get him to go in and have it checked (he's almost 56 yrs old)...well, you know how "men" are and he would not go...kept saying he thought maybe he had just pulled a muscle in his chest...so okay fine, he calls me this morning and says that maybe I should go ahead and make him an appt. to see our family doctor...so I do (Thurs. 3 pm)...then a half hour later, he calls back and says that the pain is worst and maybe we should go ahead and go to the ER! Now I'm kinda freaking, cause if he's "requesting" I take him to the ER ...I know it must be pretty bad.
I have never seen our ER this packed and chaotic...however, with "chest pain" you're put in the back immediately (no triage). To make a long story as short as possible...all of the tests (ekg, chest xray, blood work, etc.) came back normal. Doctor is certain he's got a painfully "pulled muscle" in his chest...okay so he was right! But to me, better safe than sorry (and at Nolan's age, you just can't mess around with chest pain)...
Okay...now the "funny" part:
I think I know how he "pulled" his muscle...
If you read my blog entry about the fiasco last Friday night...then you know that we had a fight on the way home from the Tumble Weed. I was driving and he was mad and kicking the inside of my vehicle and blah, blah, blah...he said something mean and I told him if that's the way he felt, then to get out. I stopped the car and he got out. I went back to the TW for a few minutes then I headed back home (this is all only within 2 miles from home)...so I'm driving down the street where I let him off and I'm not seeing him (I'm thinking he's going to be walking home)...I reach the turn to go down our street and I still haven't seen him. So....I call him and ask him where the hell he is...he says "somewhere on the golfcourse". Well...there are no street lights out here (we're rural mostly accept for the golf course area which is where we live, but still no street lights)...anyway, it's pitch black out on the course and between not being able to see any landmarks and having wayyyyyyy too much to drink...he was basically lost on the GC. I can't very well start driving around on the GC...but within a few minutes, he found the clubhouse, so I picked him up there. What I didn't find out until the next day was (now don't laugh), he fell into a sand trap and couldn't get out ...anyway, I think he "pulled" something when he kept sliding and falling in the sand trap (it was slick and icy)...sorry, I'm cracking up just thinking "I've fallen and I can't get up"!!!
So there you have it! His heart is healthy as a horse (very good to know) and he will keep his appt. for tomorrow and get a few more things checked out with our doctor!
That's the long and short of it!!
Krystal and Jay came up to the hospital and Jimmy called. Tim also came up which I thought was really sweet. He handled all the work stuff the rest of the afternoon. We came home and watched a movie (Couple's Retreat) til it was time to go to the church service. We are so blessed to have the wonderful "grown" children we have and also true-blue friends like Tim who would drop everything in a moment's notice to be there for you...
Anyway...while we were in the ER we saw:
* Don & Diane (our neighbors right across the street)...their 18 grand dd was admitted in a diabetic coma...
* Larry (from the TW) whose mom was in the ER for chest pains also...
* Our other neighbors Joe & Ginger, whose disabled nephew is having a tonsilectomy...
Yikes...saying lots of prayers tonight for our dear friends...and also prayer of thanks that Nolan is okay. Maybe "I'll" get some sleep tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment