Friday, March 20, 2009

My lunch with Elvis...

OMG...I am home now, thank God! I am seriously pissed! I can't believe Elvis. We've been friends for 5 or 6 yrs now (our boys are best friends)...but today was definitely my last straw with that man. While I know I'm Elvis' only friend, well, it's more like I'm the only one that will give him the time of day...I have put up with a lot of his babbling bullshit...but now I'm done with it! How can I describe Elvis? Hmmmm...well, aside from being socially retarded and boring...he gets on people's nerves. Even his own sons can hardly stand him. While he has piloted small planes (commuter or sky diving planes)...he has never held a job (that I'm aware of). He still lives at home with his "mommy" and he's 47 yrs old, WTF?? Well, Norman Bates kind of comes to mind here, LOL...anyway, it's a long story how he got the code name "Elvis", but suffice to say...he cannot sing worth a crap! Oh, and if that's not enough of a description...how bout the same "velour" shirt he always wears "out" or the wire-framed aviator glasses he con't to wear despite the fact that it's no longer 1979. Is this picture becoming any clearer?? LOL

So...lunch today??? OMG, I only agreed to go to lunch because I thought we were friends and while he definitely grinds on my last nerve, I have kinda felt sorry for him. Anyway, first he was late...okay, no biggie. So we're seated in a booth and he wants to move to the back of the restaurant. Magpies is a fairly tiny restaurant which is in the middle of our historic district...so it happens to be long and narrow...but has a very quaint, charming atmosphere as well as very delicious food. Anyway, it's no secret that Elvis has a crush on me (and uhhhh...the feeling is NOT mutual), but we've been friends for a while now and I've kinda gotten used to his sugary compliments, etc...but today...oh today...he crossed the line! So while we're waiting to order, I feel his feet touch mine...so I draw mine back towards me...then I feel them again (all the while, he's making "goo goo" eyes at me). Just his eye contact was seriously making me uncomfortable...then the foot thing. He must have sensed my blood boiling and makes some off the wall comment about playing "footsies" and don't people play "footsies" anymore. WTF??? Seriously?? Ummmm, no dude...I only play "footsies" with my HUSBAND!

Ewwwwww.....that's all I can say! I muddled thru the lunch and left in a hurry. I'm sure he's aware of my unhappiness with how the lunch went. His "advances" made me seriously uncomfortable. Shoot, Tim and I go to lunch together all the time as friends...we are good friends...but if he ever tried something like that...it would ruin our friendship. I just don't think I can be friends with Elvis any longer...he just crossed the line and forever changed the dynamics, kwim? He just called my cell phone a few minutes ago, ewwwww...I will not talk to him. Thank God for caller ID. Also, thank God he didn't leave a voice mail, yuck! I never want to hear that voice again.

He seriously gives all male/female platonic friendships a bad name. I have several male friends, but none of them have ever (nor would they ever) do anything to jeopordize our friendship or disrespect Nolan. Actually, this is one friendship that I can honestly say I'm not sorry to end...it's just one less person to suck the life out of my battery! Good riddance Elvis!!

I need an Alka-Seltzer...

No comments: