Monday, March 16, 2009

Pops' 77th Birthday Bash...

Well...March 13th was Dad's birthday, but we all took him out for his birthday on March 14th. We all met at Park East Restaurant at 6 pm. Started the evening out with cocktails. I have to say, I was not having a good day when I first got to the restaurant. Here's what happened. My sister and her dh came from Boulder and left my nephew at our house. Taylor was suppose to babysit...however, she had gone to Erica's house and then on to tennis practice around 1 pm. Around 5 pm, I began texting her that it was time to come home...but I got no response. Calls and texts went unanswered (which is so unlike Taylor...infact, when her battery dies, she usually will call me from someone else's phone to let me know in case I need to get ahold of her). By about 5:45 pm, Peg & Keith headed over to the restaurant while Nolan was out looking for Taylor. He went to Erica's and no one was home. He checked the tennis courts...the high school, etc...no Taylor. He came back around 6 pm at which time I left to go to the restaurant (I was already late at this point so I was upset and very angry with Taylor as she knew she was suppose to babysit). Nolan was calling me periodically with updates. He got the girl next door to come stay with the kids so he could look for Taylor. As I was driving to the restaurant, my blood was absolutely boiling...but as time ticked on and we couldn't locate Taylor, my anger turned to fear...complete and utter fear. Taylor is just such a responsible young lady that this was just not like her and soon I was a wreck. On the drive to the restaurant, I was really beside myself. I was trying not to cry and I didn't want to ruin Dad's party. When I got to Park East...I had a martini to calm my nerves. After about 20 minutes, Nolan called and he finally got a hold of Taylor. I guess Erica's mom had taken them to the movies and she said she just lost track of time and also she had left her phone in the car. As angry as I had been...I was so relieved that she was okay...I could not be mad at her, LOL!

Anyway...Nolan was then able to join us and strangely enough, he showed up right when they began taking our orders.

Okay...so, I don't know where Broken Angel was (the duo that usually performs/sings), but instead there was a guy (aka Tiny Tim LOL) who played the piano, guitar and sang. He was actually really good and had a great variety of music. We did "Happy Birthday" to dad (which the whole place sang along) and Peg and I gave dad the picture we did of us (also known as Mutt & Jeff...which Dad so lovingly refers to us LOL)! Anyway, there's nothing more dad loves than to have us all together. So, here's a few pics from that night:


Dad & Kay...


Me & Nolan...


Me & Pops...


Me & my BIL Keith...



Me & my brother Kenny...


Me & my brother Mike...


Me & "Tiny Tim"...


More photos of everyone...











Me & Sis (aka: Mutt & Jeff)




Anyway...it was a great night...Dad loved it!

No comments: