Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday Weigh-In...

Urrrgggg...I don't know why I'm even posting this today as I'm not very happy. Needless to say...my weigh in this morning didn't go so great. I'm up again (almost 2 pounds)...I just don't get it! I have missed a few days this past week with my cold, but sheesh...I just don't understand how I can be working so hard, yet the scale not budging. I understand that in the beginning (first 6 weeks or so), there may be little change in the scale and also that fat is being replaced with muscle, but come on...I might have added some muscle but shouldn't I have dropped at least 5 pounds in 10 weeks? I am just so frustrated right now. Today's the first day that I've felt like I could get back on the treadmill since Saturday...but I feel so defeated, like what's the point? I can't deny that I've lost inches...but I want to see the scale go down...I'm tired of being fat! I know I'll never be "skinny", but I would like to be at least average. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm working out for an hour and a half, six days a week (minus the few days I took off when I was sick). I feel like every week is a joke...one week, I'm down a pound, next week I'm up 2 pounds, another week I'm down a pound and a half, then up a pound...it's like some kinda cruel mind game. I'm trying to keep a good attitude in that regardless of what the scale does, I'm getting fit...but I'd be lying if I said that it wasn't important to "lose" weight as well. Obviously, I didn't start this program to just be "fit"...I wanted to drop some of those unwanted pounds. The only thing I can think of to do is to start working out twice a day...but my God...how long will I be able to keep that up? I know I could do it for a while, but for how long?

I know the scale is not the only tool for measuring progress/success. I often wonder if I should just abolish the scale all together as it seems to just discourage and un-motivate me. Maybe just monthly weigh-ins would be better, IDK...I've removed my weight loss tracker as it's doing little more than pissing me off everytime I see it!

What I do know is that I need to get off the computer...put on my workout clothes...and go downstairs and get on that darn treadmill. Strangely enough, the treadmill has become what I feel my fitness journey has become...walking miles and miles, but not really getting anywhere. Okay...enough of my pity-party, I'm off to walk!

No comments: