We got up Tuesday (March 24th, also Nolan's 55th Bday) and headed down to the River Walk. We had lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe...then did some shopping, sight-seeing, boat tour, etc. OMG...the weather was perfect and the RW is just awesome.
Then Tuesday night...we left the kids at the hotel and Nolan and I went out for dinner at Joe's Crab Shack...what a blast that was!! Chris called me that night...he's still in New Hampshire, but will be shipping out to Hawaii (poor thing, LOL) here shortly. I guess his 22nd bday was the 8th and I completely forgot. Sounds like he's doing well though. Oh yeah, after dinner...we headed over to the Mad Dog Brittish Pub for a couple beers. The bouncer was wearing a kilt, LOL...but he was cool!


Wednesday...we were off to Corpus Christi to tour the USS Lexington...aka The Blue Ghost! We saw it back in 1998, but both T and C were too young to remember it (and of course, P wasn't even born yet, LOL). It was so neat. We also got to see a movie in their theater called "Fighter Pilot". C was watching with a real interest. Yeah...I guess I can see C flying an F15 fighter plane someday, LOL! I got Dad and Kay to nice coffee cups (like the one I got him 10+ yrs ago)...he's always loved that mug, but all the writing had worn off. He'll be so excited! Dad gave each the kids $100 spending money...so they really had a hay day!!
After the Lexington, we stopped at the beach and let the kids play in the water. They loved it...I loved it (the beach that is...OMG, I'd trade the Rocky Mountains for the ocean any day...in fact, moving to the gulf (TEXAS) is all part of my diabolical plan, hee hee)...
Wednesday night...we grabbed dinner on the way home and I discovered a new love:
It's the most delicious "Boi-guh" I've ever had (well, a close tie with the "Five Guys Burgers" in Blacksburg, VA)...anyway, perhaps it's just because we don't have Whataburgers in Colorado that makes me love them so...but they are just way yummy! Thursday (our first day at Sea World), we got up to a drizzley rain...but no worries, The Weather Channel assured me that by noon the sun would be out and all would be good again in the world...Sea World that is, LOL! Sure enough, as soon as we stopped at Target and bought umbrellas...it quit raining. Murphy's Law in full effect, LOL! So we get to SW, get parked and up to the gate when Nolan realizes he's forgotten his wallet. Oh boy...I was not happy...but what could we do. The kids and I waited while he ran back to the hotel to get his wallet. By the time he got back and we all got checked in...it was 2 o'clock. We hadn't had lunch, so we grabbed a bite to eat and then off to ride rides.

C,T and E got on the Great White first. I wanted to ride it, but not right after eating...but the kids rode it (several times). Paige wasn't quite tall enough to get on the Great White, but she was just barely tall enough to ride the Steel EEL. Now...I've riden the Great White many times. I love it cause it's a short, intense ride. With the track hanging above you and your feel dangling in the wind...it has one main drop then a series of up-side-downs...cork-screws...twists...turns and 45 seconds later...you've had the ride of your life. I, however, will not ride the Steel EEL as it is extremely "tall" and has 15 story drops...ummmm, no thanks on that one...but Paige was determined to ride it. So...off she went. She rode with Erica and T & C rode together as Nolan and I waited at the gate. When she got off...we knew she'd either be in tears or be a roller coaster junkie like the rest of us, LOL! Here's the result:


Yeah...she's a junkie, LOL!!
Friday (Day 2 Sea World)...we started off with the Shamu show which was awesome...though it was neater the last time we were there and Chase was picked to be in the show. Had a few beers then Nolan and I got on the Great White...oh yeah baby...what a rush!! Paige again rode the Steel EEL and everyone (but me) did the Journey to Atlantis ride (it's a soaker)! All in all...a fantabulous day!




We had dinner at Bennigan's restaurant:

We took off Saturday morning. There was a blizzard in Colorado while we were gone (insert evil laught here) and even into the Texas pan handle. We drove back to Lubbock for the night. We had dinner at the Tokyo Japanese Steak House. Hmmmm how can I describe it? Well, if it wasn't for the beer...I'm not sure I would have stayed there. It was "okay", but it sure wasn's any Benihana's or Gasho's.
Here's the view as we headed back into Colorado Saturday afternoon:


Dropped Erica off at home around 6 pm:
All in all...it was a wonderful trip (notice I said trip). A trip is when you go somewhere with your kids. Now, I'm ready for a "vacation" (a vacation is when you go somewhere without your kids, LOL)!!
No comments:
Post a Comment