Saturday, November 1, 2008

A glimpse of the past...

Well, I decided to add a couple slide shows. One I made for our 16th Anniversary...a little tribute to Nolan and the kids. Also, I added a slideshow that my brother Mike made for Pops a couple yrs. ago (for Father's Day). As you'll see in that video...it's starts off with just one kid (brother Mike)...then two (added brother Kenny)...then sister Peggy...and eventually me. Yeah, that's me laying on the dog playing the harmonica (that shoulda been a clue, LOL). It's actually hard for me to watch as it brings up that dreaded "lump" in my throat and soon my eyes become so full of tears, but I keep trying to hold them in like a damn trying to hold back a swollen river...eventually, the damn bursts. Not only is it like seeing my own childhood flash before my eyes...but I see how fast my own kids' childhoods are going. One day, it seemed like I had all these babies...maternity tops...sleepless nights, etc...and now (only after the wheel has picked up speed) have I began to realize how quickly it's going by...trying to breathe in and savor all those precious "moments"...why are we always in such a hurry?? Just gotta slow down...seems like it was just yesterday that Paige was born and now my baby is 7! Where has all the time gone...I know I've wasted much to much time worrying about things that really don't matter...

No comments: