Well...Nolan let me know today that I'm officially laid off, so my last paycheck will be this Friday's. What really stinks is that there is still going to be a few things trickling in over the next few weeks (a proposal here and there and a few invoices that still need to be done), but I'm not going to be getting paid for it. It's okay, I told Nolan that I would still help him out in any way he needs me. I'm worried about finances...about xmas...how we're going to manage. He's also having to lay off probably 30 guys and scrambling to find somewhere for Tim, Steve, Mike, Rick...I know this is a difficult time of year for him and so hard to lay people off right before the holiday season...but there's just no work.
IDK...I guess I just have to let it go and have faith that everything's going to work out. I've needed a little time off to take care of some things around the house that have been on the back burner for over a year now. Also, if I don't hear from my son pretty soon, I might just have to go out there and show up on his doorstep, LOL!! I sent him some scholarship information. DCA (Distruibution Contractors Association) has a pretty good one for the 2009-2010 school year (it's about 15K). Hope he'll at least take a look at it.
I don't like not having a job...I mean I technically still have my job to go back to (at some point)...but not knowing if or when things will pick up. Am I going to be laid off for 2 months?? 6 months?? IDK...I guess we'll just have to wait and see...meanwhile, hopefully I can make the most of my time "off"...
No comments:
Post a Comment