Sunday, October 3, 2010

Thoughts behind "Dogs & Cats"...

It's a well known fact that dogs & cats are mortal enemies...or are they? I tend to believe that that is pure "myth"! Why myth? Well...mainly because we have dogs & cats living together in perfect  harmony, LOL! After being "pet less" for nearly 11 yrs., the kids finally broke me down enough to acquire a dog...a small dog. Being that all my kids were out of diapers and fairly independent, I felt that "dog care" was something I was willing (and able) to take on after a long pet hiatus.

So...the day before Easter (2008), Nolan & I drove down to the San Luis Valley to pick up are new little miniature dachshund...Zoey:


Well...it wasn't long before I realized that Zoey needed a play mate...but one dog was enough and we decided to get a kitten (figuring that as puppy and kitten...they would grow up together as friends)...so, a few weeks after we got Zoey...we got Jordan:


And yes...that is our beloved Jordan sitting in an abandoned bird nest (silly cat)! As time went on, Zoey and Jordan clearly became bosom buddies:




Life was good living with "dog" and "cat"...when one cold October morning...Taylor called and said she had found a kitten at the school and could she bring it home for a couple days. Oh...I was leery, cause I knew a couple days could easily turn into a couple years, LOL! Well...in came our Luckee Lou! She is so sweet and just down to earth, literally! She's not big on grooming...in fact, she has a dirt pile in the back yard that she purposely rolls in and often, Jordan will do her grooming for her! Here's Luckee:


I have to say...that initially, Jordan was NOT fond of Luckee, but after a few weeks...Jordan really took to her and they are obviously good friends too:



Then...with the homecoming of my pride and joy (James)...we also gained another pooch...a pit bull named Maddox (aka: Maddie)! I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't skeptical at first. Pit bulls have such bad reputations and how was she going to fit in with the other animals?? Well...to our surprise, Maddie is a delight! She is just a big ol' lap dog...she minds well and is very protective of all of us. If the kids are fighting, she'll run and get between them...she doesn't bark or growl, she just wants there to be peace and harmony!


  

Maddie is just a joy...she has become my new "baby" and I would be devastated if anything ever happened to her or if Jimmy tried to take her away, LOL! So...here's a sampling of "Dogs & Cats" at our house:















No comments: