Thursday, October 28, 2010

Was this just luck...

Or...divine intervention?? After my very nice and very new (had for less than a year) camara got destroyed at Sea World San Diego last summer, I was without a camara :( and really not wanting to fork out another couple hundred dollars for yet another new one. As luck (or possibly divine intervention) would have it...I remembered that we had a camara in the lost and found at work. I knew it had been there for some time and when I went and checked...I had put a sticky note on it with a date from last May on it. I took the camara out of the case and looked thru all the photos, thinking that I might recognize someone in the photo from the church...but I didn't. In fact, I didn't even see any photos on the memory card that showed the church at all. I really wanted to just take it home then (last August)...but, in good conscience...I couldn't take that camara unless I felt in my heart that I had done all I could do to find it's rightful owner.

So...for the next month, I put a blurb in the weekly church bulletin and also sent out several "all church" emails which said we have a digital camara in lost & found...owner identify. Well...as luck (or divine intervention would have it), no one claimed it! So Pastor Rhonda told me to just take it...it was mine! So I became the owner of a nice Nikon digital camara! There was only one problem...because I "found" this camara...I did not have the proper USB cable to upload the pictures into my computer. I looked online to buy one, but the cheapie ones had bad reviews and the genuine Nikon replacement cables were kinda $$$. Well...when in doubt...do nothing. I figured for the time being, I could just remove the memory card and put it into Nolan's camara and upload them that way (which worked fine, but was kind of a hassle)...then...

Another miracle happened...

About 3 weeks ago, we were invited to Pete's for a dinner party. Oh how I love to eat at Pete's house! Pete is of middle eastern descent (he says he's "Persian", but we all know that's IRAN)...anyway, he makes the most exotic and tasty foods that it's always a dining extravaganza to eat there. Anyway...while we were waiting for the main dish to be served, I was sitting there at his kitchen bar counter when I see MY camara...well, it wasn't actually MY camara, but it was identical to mine (even down to the same color). I made a comment about having just aquired a camara just like that, but minus the usb cable. Well...Pete goes away and comes back with the box his camara came in and told me to take the usb cable that he didn't need it cause he has a slot in his computer where his memory card just plugs right into. I couldn't believe it!! So I ask you again...was it luck??? Or divine intervention???

I'm going with "Divine Intervention" LOL!!

No comments: