Sunday, January 11, 2009

Another trip to the new Pueblo West ER...

except this time, it was me being seen. Urrgggg....yeah I went kicking and screaming (well...not literally). I woke up sick Friday morning...sore throat and just feeling miserable (tired, achey, etc.)...but this morning, there were white spots on my throat. I was just saying on LLFs the other day how I've only had strep throat once (that I can remember) since having my tonsils out back in 1996...but it looked pretty bad. Nolan thought we should go in, so we did. Well...after an hour and forty-five minute wait...my rapid strep came back negative. The doc said it's probably just viral anyway and if it is a sinus infection...he wouldn't think of treating it until I've been sick for 2 weeks...whatever! That is about the stupidest logic I've ever heard. It's not like this is my first sinus thing (I actually thought that I was getting a sinus infection until I saw the white spots in my throat). So I spent the afternoon in the urgent care/ER only for him to tell me to take Tylenol, yeah....I also have a cough from hell...waaaaaaa...I don't have time to be sick. They did say that the rapid strep tests are notoriously false/negative...so they will culture for 24 hrs and if it turns out positive, they'll call me. I do have one Ace up my sleeve though. Since I don't want to go into see Dr. Kemling...I'm thinking about calling my dentist cause I'm also having that funny thing on my left, lower jaw where my wisdom tooth was removed...it's all flared up again. Last time it flared up, I just called Dr. Chambers and he called in a script for Z-pack. I'm positive I either have strep or a bad sinus infection and I'm not waiting 2 weeks to start treating it. Sheesh, the last time I waited that long to seek medical treatment, I ended up with pneumonia...that is so rediculous...

So now my darn exercise routine is on hold til I'm feeling better. I told Nolan that I must be allergic to exercise cause every single time I start an exercise program, I end up sick. Funny thing is...he told me he was thinking the same thing. IDK, I think there is probably some truth to it...most likely just a temporary "run down" state when first starting to work out. The other factor was our late night out last Monday (with Chris). I know we were up til 3 am or so and the next day at my hair appt...I felt horrible. In fact, I remember when Shelby was rinsing my hair, I got a chill. I'm sure those 3 factors all played a part in my getting sick. I can't remember the last time I was sick or saw Dr. Kemling (other than a 24 hr. stomach bug here and there). I can't remember the last time I had a sinus infection or even a cold. Oh well, what can you do, LOL...

I'm trying not to get discouraged having lost 3 days already in my workout schedule...I'll just pick up again where I left off as soon as I'm feeling better. Besides...I have to feel better by Thursday night for the Bull Riders Only show. Nolan already bought tickets and Tim is going with and I'm pretty sure that Clay is coming down to go too. Can't wait to see Clay...haven't seen him since we were in Steamboat Springs last October!

No comments: