Saturday, January 3, 2009

Looking a little different around here...

Wow...the Christmas decorations are down and things are starting to take shape. Nolan has been working tirelessly to clean out my office to make it back into the exercise room (YAY!!)...We moved the new furniture (that we bought for the basement bar/pool table area) upstairs to the living room. We had to take it out Chase's bedroom window (as it wouldn't fit up the staircase) and because it's a sleeper sofa, omg it was seriously heavy. I don't really like the look of it in the living room (it's a little too casual and big)...but, at least it's new and comfortable (until we can afford new stuff for the living room). We got the love seat and wingback chair (that was in the living room) moved into the formal dining room with the piano (makes a nice sitting room). After we divide the entertainment room (into 2 separate rooms) we're going to use one of the rooms for storage (so we can empty out our storage unit...savings = $ 840/year). With everything here (as opposed to the storage unit) we can systematically start going thru all the boxes and be rid of so much junk. If/when we move, I do not want to take all that junk to a new home...so it's good to get it done now. I also want to get out all of the things I packed away to storage (when the house was on the market)...I will no longer live bare bones whether the house is on the market or not. I am going to make this house our home and when the time comes to sell...that is how we will sell it. I am convinced that my dislike of this house has actually been the reason it has not sold in the past. I have to learn to love this house and truly make it "home" before it will be "loved" by anyone else. I must take advantage of the next 4-5 months (while the kids are still in school) and get my projects going and done...so if the market looks favorable later this year, we'll be ready to list it. I am hoping Nolan will get some kind of bonus this year and perhaps we will get a decent income tax return that we can use to help accomplish this. For the first time in a long time...I'm actually feeling very hopeful that we'll soon be living on "the Ranch" on Casa Grande!!

I'll add some pics as soon as I get everything put away!

No comments: