I've been looking into the possibility of getting my now "lapsed" Practical Nursing license re-activated. Since it's been almost 7 yrs since I last renewed (June 2002)...it's no easy fete to get it in "active" status again. It's approx. 120 hrs. of online "book" study (refresher course)...and 120 hrs. of clinical work (long term care facility) which I would be responsible for arranging. It's managable...but the cost is $1000. I also have to get cpr current, immunizations current, background check, proof of professional liability Insurance, etc...then after all is complete, you are issued a test by the local AHEC.
I would really like to get reinstated even if I never use it...but I'm just not sure if I have it in me. It's definitely something I'm going to think about and consider over the next year. However, whether I am active or not...I can still use my title of LPN!
1 comment:
Yeah that sounds like a lot of work but a huge achievement! I say go for it!
Post a Comment