Tuesday, January 13, 2009

To get the cell phone or not to get the cell phone, that is the question...

Here it is just 6 days til Chase's 11 Birthday and I don't have a clue what to get him. The only thing he wants is a cell phone. Urrrrgggg....why does an 11 year old need a cell phone?? Well, I think I might know the answer to that question. As much as it pains me to admit it...an 11 year old needs a cell phone to keep his mother from worrying. Okay...I said it...it's the truth, LOL! He is getting to the age of "branching" out more (riding his bike over to Mitchell's or to Sierra Vista Elementary School to play basketball with friends, etc...), and yes, I worry, worry, worry. One other factor is the difficulty in getting in touch with him when he's elsewhere. I have noticed more and more families do not have a land line anymore...just cell phones...so it just makes it harder to get a hold of Chase in these cases. Jean told me about a pretty good deal with Cricket for about $40/month. That price includes unlimited talk and text...which is essential as I'm not sure I could trust Chase just yet to keep to a certain amount of minutes, texts, etc. I haven't talked to Nolan about this yet, and being sick this week has hampered my shopping stuff...so stay tuned for...Adventures in Cell Phone Buying...coming soon to a family near you, LOL!!

No comments: