A little Ghostbusters humor: "...human sacrifice, dogs & cats living together, mass hysteria..."!! A place for me to share the good, the bad and the ZEN!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Mmmmm, the smell of turkey...
Since we had Thanksgiving at my sister's house...I had promised Nolan that I would make a turkey so we could have our "own" leftovers, LOL. So, Monday...I put the frozen turkey in the garage fridge so that I could cook it for New Years dinner. I went to the "mad house" grocery store yesterday and spent the better part of the evening making stuffing (from scratch). Get up this morning and my turkey is still frozen solid. Oh boy...so Nolan ran to Walmart to get a fresh turkey. While he was gone I made a pumpkin pie. The turkey's stuffed and in the oven and our house smells heavenly. Sweet potatoes are cooking and I'm gonna go peel white potatoes in a few minutes. We're having the turkey and all the fixings. I'm making a pecan pie too which I'll stick in the oven as soon as the turkey is done. I might could get outta cooking all weekend, LOL!! I think this is the first time I've ever cooked a turkey when it wasn't Thanksgiving and it's so much more relaxed. Now I might have to cook the still frozen turkey for Easter, LOL!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment