Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cracker Barrel Virgin??

Yeah...I know one LOL, well...I used to anyway. My good buddy Tim was a Cracker Barrel Virgin until yesterday. I was talking to him last week when I mentioned that I had been over at Kohl's (my favorite store BTW)...and had stopped in at Cracker Barrel to get an order to go and to get a few Valentine goodies for the kids. I tell ya...that gift shop they have is an extremely dangerous place for me LOL as I love "country" and it's just full of the cutest stuff. Oh...well (got off track there LOL)...Tim was like "...they have a gift shop?..." and I said, "...please don't tell me you've never been to Cracker Barrel..." and he gives me his usual "...I'm just a country hick and I don't get to the big city, blah, blah, blah...", Well...Pueblo isn't exactly what I would consider a "big" city, but being as he lives in Canon City I guess it is "big" to him. Then he procedes to give me crap for not inviting him to lunch...so I told him I was gonna take him to lunch next week (this was last week). Anyway, yesterday, Nolan was going to lunch with AW from CNG so he says that I ought to take Tim to lunch...so I called him up and told him we were going to Cracker Barrel and that he's been a CB virgin far too long LOL!

When we got there (and just so there's no speculation...we were in separate vehicles)...I was, of course, in my "element" of shopping bliss...but he was having none of that LOL! Anyway, I already knew what I was having as I always order the same thing every time (Chicken & Dumplings...okra...fried apples and sweet tea). He ordered the exact same thing. He loved the food, but wowza...he was a tad on the crabby side...some of which I already knew about (via Nolan)...but I think for Tim, I'm a safe person to "vent" to because having worked there, I have a sense of what's going on and being a woman, it's okay for him to vent (where as there's things at work that he would probably never tell Nolan about...men just don't normally vent to each other in my experience)...anyway, I listened intently and then moved the conversation along to less "agitating" subjects. Sheesh, all I have to say is "Rubber Toe" and he'll crack up...he's so easy to make laugh!

Anyway, he wouldn't let me buy and so he put it on the company cc (fine by me, I figure they owe me a few lunches, LOL)...anyway, it was fun!

No comments: