After 3 LONG hours of pitocin ((ouch)), I was finally ready to push. I got a pudendal block (which really only numbs the outer regions of the "area" LOL) and is given just minutes before delivery. It did help (slightly), but I still felt EVERYTHING!! At 12:40 pm...Miss Taylor Caroline came into this world a whopping 8 lbs 12 oz...she was indeed a little "butterball"! Dr. M said (as he was wiping her off), "...boy, she's big enough to ask for the car keys..." LOL and ironically, now she is asking for the car keys, LOL! Because she's enrolled in Driver's Ed, she is able to get her driver's permit at 15...so in the next couple of weeks, we'll be down at the DMV and I won't be sleeping again for oh....the next 80 yrs or so, LOL!!
I was so happy that my sister got to be there and experience a live birth as her first baby was born emergency c-section (she never even got to experience one contraction) and then her next baby was a scheduled c-section...so, I think it was special to her as well!
One of these days when I figure out how to get her birth tape put on to dvd, I might be able to share it! It's rather amusing (and shot from a "rated pg" angle)...mostly watching Nolan as this was his first birth attendance (when K & J were born, husbands weren't allowed in the delivery room)...anyway, some of his expressions are truly priceless!






We had a nice dinner at Texas Roadhouse!

No comments:
Post a Comment