Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday Weigh-In...

Well...this morning's "weigh in" was not what I had hoped for (up one pound), rats!! I'm not ususally a "whiner", but I really wanna whine right now ((having tantrum on floor)) LOL! Okay...I'm over it, I must be realistic. One, Aunt Martha is ringing the doorbell and so I know I'm most likely retaining a little water. Two, clothes are fitting looser. In fact, I tried on a pair of size 14 jeans this morning and they fit. I know I tried these same pants on last summer and couldn't even get the button bottoned. Three, muscle is denser than fat. While a pound is a pound is a pound...muscle just takes up less space than fat. So, while I may have lost a pound of fat and gained a pound of muscle (effectively cancelling each other out), since the muscle is denser (more compact) it's taking up less space and that accounts for inches lost even though the scale hasn't budged much.

I really wish I would have taken my measurements when I started this journey so that I could compare numbers (I'm gonna do that today so I'll have the numbers for later). So...while my ego wants to see 155 on the scale...my rational mind knows that progress is happening and that while the scale may not say 155 (yet), I am so much healthier than I was just 7 short weeks ago. My legs are strong...my stamina and endurance grows each day...and overall, I'm feeling good about my self for the first time in a really long time! Good things come to those who wait...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!!! Keep up the good work! Don't pay attention to the number on the scale. You are doing great and sometimes it takes a little while for the scale to catch up the workouts.

Miss you!