Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy "Hearts" Day!!

Happy Valentine's Day!! I don't really know why I love this holiday so much. I think it started in pre-school or at least that's when I first remember becoming aware of this holiday full of hearts and candy. Unfortunately, after a big build up to this grand event, I got the chicken pox as did my buddy Todd (who lived next door...his mom took us to PS and my mom picked us up) so needless to say...after a week's absence, I returned to PS to find a huge bag of Valentine's cards (that was back in the day when the kid's Valentines actually had little envelopes) and candy. One thing I remember in particular was a red candy lipstick...wow, I had never seen anything like it. Then fast forward to my first Valentine's with Nolan and how Valentines went on for 5 days with notes and gifts...something I'll never forget. So...yeah, I guess I'm just a sentimental "schlup" LOL...but every year I always get my little Valentine's (aka Kids) a little bag full of LOVE! Nolan and I aren't exchanging gifts this year as we're going to Denver to have a romantic dinner at the Melting Pot (we've never been before)...so it should be an adventure. Our reservations are at 3:30 to 5:30 pm so we should be home around 8pm. Sister is bringing Evan here so she and BIL can deal with his dad (Jim Harley) sometime today and thru the weekend, so hopefully he'll be on his best behavior. I already told her that we won't be here for the better part of the day and Taylor will be babysitting...if Evan acts up, Taylor cannot cope with him...he'll have to leave (go to my brother's house or something)...but hopefully everything will go smoothly. She wasn't even sure what time they'd be coming down from Boulder (like that's any different than any other time...I swear, I do not know how these people function when they are unable or refuse to commit to anything or at the very least have a rough schedule)...anyway, we're planning on leaving around 12:30 (it's a good 2 1/2 hour drive and it's snowing in some areas along the I-25 corridor so we want to have plenty of time).

No comments: