Just began week 8 in the fitness journey (woohoo)!! Four miles is getting much easier now. My feet are feeling better (thanks to many foot rubs by my honey) after having some pain in my arches! Yesterday (Sunday) was my REST day and my left knee was hurting so bad (just out of the blue) that I could barely get up and down the stairs. Strangely enough, the pain vanished today as quickly as it had began...it hasn't bothered me all day (which is good). This is my last week of "just" walking. Next week, the "real" work begins when I start adding some weight lifting and functional exercises.
One of the next goals I'm going to set is to try and start getting up earlier. For now, I want to try and get in 2 miles before I have to get the kids off to school then do the other two miles after. Eventually, I'd like to try and get my workout completely done before the kids get up. This is going to be quite a challenge as I am not a morning person, LOL...I'm very much a night owl. While I do (have to) get up in the morning, I don't really "wake" up til sunset! That's another thing...this darn "second wind" of mine. I always seem to be dragging in the mid afternoon...yet sometime around 7 pm...I get a second wind. Now here it is almost midnight, and I'm going strong. I know one of my problems is that darn Diamond Iced tea...Yeah, it's sweet tea (sugarfree of course), but it's the caffeine that's doing a number on me, uhhhhggg! I'm gonna have to give up the Diamond and start making the Celestial Seasonings Caffeine-Free iced tea and add my own Splenda...so I can enjoy it all day (and night) long!
Speaking of Oscars...can you believe my boyfriend (Daniel Craig aka James Bond 007) had the nerve to take another woman to the Academy Awards??? Hmmmmm...some people, LOL! I actually didn't see the show (as we were out for Taylor's Bday dinner) but, I really only like to see the fashions...which is what I'm doing now...well simutaniously as I'm typing here, I've got my eye on E's fashion police for 2009 Academy Awards. Some celebs look stunning...but others...wow, you wonder...did they look in the mirror before they walked out the door?? LOL Well, there's always next year!!
2 comments:
Wow 4 miles....I'd be doing good if I can walk 1/8 of a mile a day. lol I wish I had time to work out.
Sabrina...LOL, well...I was barely walking 1/8 of a mile when I first started...so it's taken a while to get to this point. It takes me around an hour and a half total (including warm-up, cool-down and stretching). It's definitely taking a chunk out of my day, but I'm hoping once I get where I want to be, I can just do maintainance 2miles/day (which seems easy now, LOL)! Plus, with my kiddos in school all day, I finally have a little time to devote to "me"!
Post a Comment