
Okay...I meant to write about this yesterday, but I never got a chance...so I wanted to write about it while it was still fresh in my memory LOL!!
After my doctor's appt. yesterday...I needed to run by the post office in town to return something (a package) because the PW post office no longer takes pkgs larger than 16 oz. (whatever)...so while I was in town, I thought I'd drop the postage paid package at the main PO (I also had a card to mail to Dad)...anyway, when I got into the post office and was walking thru the line, I noticed a display on my right and something immediately caught my eye. It was a framed picture entitled: A Stamp Art History of Angels. So after I got my pkg and card dropped off...I went over and picked up that picture. There was a sign above that said 40% off xmas packing stuff. So I walked over to their retail counter and asked the gentleman there if this picture was included in the 40% off sale. Unfortunately is wasn't...but I just had to have it! I told the guy that I was a bit of an Angel "freak" and that I collected angles, etc...I said I even met an angel. He was intrigued and begged me to share the story. Well, anyone who's heard my angel story knows it is not a short one...but he didn't seem to mind. I did condense it the best I could...but still I stood there for at least 20 minutes telling this story (thankfully, it was fairly early in the morning and the PO wasn't busy at all). After I concluded the story...he was just stunned with amazement and told me that he had goose bumps.
Then...he shared a story with me. OMG...it was so cool and then I had goosebumps. We talked and talked and talked til another customer approached. I put the picture on my stupid Visa and he handed me the receipt to sign and a pink ball point pen. I signed my name with this pen and is was soooo cool. I told him I LOVE this pen. He told me to keep it and he said I want you to have this too...and he reached over and grabbed a Dove dark chocolate (which he said is good for my heart) and a couple of Hershey's kisses...Awwwww, too darn sweet that Fred was (that was his name btw). It was just a really interesting conversation and every once in a while, I meet someone and feel "connected" somehow. Anyway...during the course of our conversation...I mentioned the book, "Conversations With God" and he immediately grabbed a pen and post it note to jot down the title. I'll be curious to see if he reads it and what he thinks. I think another trip to the main PO is in order in a few weeks.
I'm thinking I need to start a talk group called "Angels Annonymous" LOL...I really would love to hear others' angel encounters and I think, like me...most people are probably pretty particular about who they share it with as most people will think you're a little "cuckoo" LOL. I don't normally go around and talk about angels with strangers, but for some reason...I knew he would "understand" and it was nice! So now I have a really cool pink pen that will always remind me of that interesting day/conversation. As soon as I get the pic out of the package...I'll try to scan it and post it here. It's neat as it has about seven different angel stamps and then some angel "sayings".
Angels...what do you think??
No comments:
Post a Comment