Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My fitness efforts...

I did walk on the treadmill yesterday after nearly 3 weeks off. I was only able to walk a mile (a far cry from the 4 miles I had been previously capable of). My sciatic pain has been hurting for 6 weeks (as of today). Then...as if that's not enough, my left knee is hurting for no explicable reason. That is, unless I've become so senile that I no longer remember injuring myself. Just walking around hurts, but going up and down stairs is nearly impossible...so when I'm up and about...my sciatica doesn't hurt, but my knee does...but if I sit or lay down, my knee doesn't hurt, but my sciatica does. What gives here? All I wanted to do was try and lose a few LBS and get fit. I guess at this point, I am going to have to accept that I am just destined to be fat, period. Perhaps my body is just to rickety to ever become fit again. It's so discouraging when I've tried so hard (even with little progress)...I've mustered up motivation out of nothing...only to fail once again.

I mean, I could see if I was looking for the easy way out...but I haven't. I've been dedicated, committed and motivated to this...and what do I get in return?? Aches and pains. I've tried working out thru the pain and I've tried resting the hurting parts with no avail. I am going to have to make a doctor's appt later this week as I can't keep going on with this pain. I'm getting nothing done and I can't sleep. Even the Xanax aren't helping me sleep anymore. Oh...and did I mention my tail bone hurts. Why? Again...I don't know. It feels as though I fell on it...but I'm quite certain that I didn't have so many Blue Moons that I don't "remember" busting my ass! So...I'm tired of popping Advil and feeling like crap! Time for my nap...yeah, and I just know as soon as I slip into a relaxing snooze...that %*^%$ teacher is going to call...

No comments: