Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Jack's Mannequin/Fillmore Experience...

Well...as promised, the whole JM/Fillmore experience unveiled!! First of all...thank you Natalie for sharing your awesome pics (I foolishly left my "real" camara behind because the Fillmore site said no camaras, DUH...so the only pics I have are from my crappy cell phone)...anyway, since Natalie was in the first row by the stage (I'm so jealous!!), she took some amazing photos of Andrew McMahon (as well as Lou vs Diamond and Matt Nathanson, the two opening acts).

Hmmmm...well, it started with Nolan just dropping Mike and I off at the door as there is no parking nearby. So we start to go thru security, when Mike announces that he has a pocket knife. Holy crap...well, needless to say...we had to get rid of it. So I waited by the venue while Mike walked over to meet Nolan so he could put his knife away (oy), LOL! While he was gone, a homeless guy with a shopping cart came over to where I was standing and asked me what time it was. He had the funniest sign on his cart. It simply said: NEED MONEY FOR HOOKER!! Omg...it was too funny!

Mike finally got back and we went in. It's really a cool place for a concert with it's old wooden floor to the crystal chandeliers. Like I said before, the floor is all general admission (standing room only)...with steps leading up to a higher level that wraps around the whole building. Anyway, to the right of the stage on the raised level are a row of about 8 or 10 tables that sit along the railing and is roped off from the general admission. We were seated at table E! It really was an excellent spot (the Fillmore has been redeemed, LOL). There was absolutely no moshing (which doesn't surprise me as JM is seriously mellow).

Anyway...the first act was Lou vs. Diamond and they were pretty good! Then Matt Nathanson played and he was not only awesome, but he was funny as hell too! Some chick flung her bra up there and he stuck it on his mike stand and joked on and on about it (it was pretty funny)!





So...anyway, JM played for a good solid hour maybe hour and a half. IDK...I'm just always inspired to hear AM perform live. His music is so touching and insightful. Sometimes it's hard for me to believe he's just a kid (okay, he's 25 or so, but that's still a kid to me, LOL)...





Anyway...the concert was a blast...and I'm so glad I got to see them again (for the third time). I will always make the effort to go and see them when they're in Colorado!




















































Thanks AM for an awesome evening and for singing and playing your heart out with such passion.

No comments: