Well...here it is "hump day" again, LOL! So what's up today? Well...I didn't sleep worth crap last night...so draggin' my tired ass outta bed was not an easy task. I did manage to get up and at least get one kid off to school. Paige was sleeping like a rock and since she's had a touch of a cold (or possibly allergies) I thought I'd just let her sleep and rest today. Then Taylor wanted to miss first hour, but by the time I got her butt outta bed, she didn't want to go...so she got a free day. Paige is fine (a little sniffley), but no fever and she's been fine the rest of the day...so school tomorrow, LOL!
Anyway, Taylor and I made a trip to Wal Mart. She wanted to look at that bedroom set and I needed to fill my Rx. An hour and a half later, we finally got outta there (N came home for lunch and stayed with Paige). We picked up Subway for lunch, but by the time we got home...I felt like I had been run over by a Mack truck and then slightly electrocuted. I ate my Subway Club (on wheat of course)...but still felt weak and tired. My cousin Steve called and we BS'd on the phone for almost an hour...I love that guy!! But, by the time I got off the phone with him...I was so tired I had to go lay down. So me and Zoey went and laid down for a nap. I was listening to the Weather Channel and I did fall asleep for about an hour. Got up from that and still feeling blah...I just haven't got much accomplished today.
Oh yeah...along with Steve, I also talked to Michelle and Tim today too! And I got a nice (freakin' funny) email from Clay. I really hope he'll make it to the PBR in May. We're tenetively planning on going on the 15th (as the 16th is our 17th anniversary and Paige's recital is also that weekend, not sure if she's dancing on Sat. or Sun. yet)...so we figured we better try to go to the Fri. 15th show since the weekend was pretty booked. We're suppose to help Tim with his moving the weekend before sooooo...I don't know how I'm gonna get anything done with so many weekend comittments...that and now the graduation announcements are starting to flow in, YAY! Think I'll just send checks and call it done...
Anyway...Nolan had to go back to Denver tonight (wish they'd quit scheduling meetings for 7 freakin' A.M.)...he got the kids McDonalds before he left...so at least I didn't have to cook. I've got so much to do between now and Jim & Steph's visit...yikes!! That and the party...I don't know how, but I'm sure I'll get it done. Better start by staying off this &*&^% computer, LOL!!
Oh and then there's the Father's Day fiasco...I'm not telling Peg that nobody wants to rent a cabin...sooooooo....I said I'd be happy to host an event here...but I gotta put together something for Dad too...I need more time to get all this stuff done!!! Where's the time fairy when you need her???
Oh...and our land line was temporarily disconnected today. Not sure when...cause I used the phone this morning. Let me just say...I hate Qwest and I hope they go broke, HA!! I'm still not sure what the deal was as when I called (from my cell phone) their office was closed and I just did an automated payment. My last bill says the payment isn't due til May 8th...so who knows, but I still hate Qwest and as soon as possible, I'm going to bundle our phone service with Comcast! So...take that Qwest!
Hmmmm....what else. Oh yeah...I did get my new Rx for muscle relaxers...thought I better wait and take them tonight...especially as bad as I felt this afternoon. I am at least 50% better though...figures since I just went to Urgent Care and then made an appt. with the new doctor...but, I'm suppose to do some physical therapy as well...I'm planning on getting back on my treadmill on May 1st. This time, I will take it much slower. I know I was pushing myself too hard (trying to keep up the 4 miles/day)...leave it to me to get a sports injury (hamstring) by just walking LOL!! Anyway...I'm extremely anxious to get back with the program...albeit, a little slower this time. Guess I'm just not as young as I used to be, LOL!! Thankfully, tomorrow I don't have anything scheduled and I'm gonna get my closet cleaned out come hell or high water...so I can get it painted before or during the weekend. Taylor's been madly cleaning out her room preparing for the big switch...so I might be able to get Paige and Chase moved so I can start cleaning the office carpet. Personally, I think we should just rip that sucker outta there...but somehow Nolan's convinced that a good cleaning's all it needs.....hmmmmm, okay...you're the boss! I will get my new carpet one way or another! So...while the "house" thing isn't moving as quickly as I had hoped...it's coming along. I am going to be pushing like a mad woman to get Nolan to get the garage cleaned out (so I can start hauling unused furniture out there)...get our swamp cooler going...and to fix the sprinkler heads in the 2 flower beds so it will be ready for planting on Mother's day weekend! Oh boy...he's gonna think I'm a raving BEE-OTCH!! Hey...it has to get done and I can't do it all...so now the pressure begins, LOL!
I see my phone is working again (&*&%$%^ Qwest)...amazing what $132 can do...now to call Comcast and "stick it" to Qwest...YES, YES, YES...
Speaking of phones...I need to call Dad tomorrow. Haven't talked to him for a few days now. Oh...I forgot to mention the friggin' hilarious message that "Elvis" left on my phone. He's been calling me off and on ever since our lunch "incident", but I haven't answered his calls. I became even more enraged when Mike told me that he talked to Artie and I guess Artie confronted him about it and he denied the whole thing...ummmm....like I would make up such a rediculous thing...PULLLEASE! So, a couple days ago, he calls (usually doesn't leave a message)...lo and behold, he left a voicemail...And what did it say praytell?? Well...something like this:
"Ummm, yeah Carolyn...I've got some bad news about Arthur...ummm, it seems he's decided to disown me...so please give me a call when you can....thanks"
OMG...seriously??? Well...I decided that it was high time for me to confront him. I mean I can't keep avoiding his phone calls and I felt it necessary to set the record straight. Needless to say...we had it "out" on the phone. I told him I was not happy about what happened at our lunch meeting. He said he just assumed that I felt the same way...oh GAG!! Then he said, "Nolan's not going to beat me up is he??"...I told him I wouldn't worry about Nolan, but if he ever pulled any crap like that again "I" would kick his ass and he could COUNT on that!! LOL He totally screwed up his "in" with me...and now he wants me to call Artie and try to smooth things over. He lied to Artie about the lunch thing...and he tells me he didn't lie about it...he just didn't tell the whole truth ((rolls eyes))...I mean I don't have a problem calling Artie, but the fact of the matter is...Artie disowned "Elvis" (as did Chris) years ago...Elvis just can't accept that his two sons can't stand him and that they both think he's a LOOO-SERRRR...which is mostly true.
This led to an epiphany of mine. I wondered how did I always manage to get myself into these precarious situations and involved with the strangest of the strange people. It's like I have a sign on my head...Weidos come here!! LOL...but then I remembered something from my childhood (which is rare these days as I seem to have CRS all the time) and I recalled bringing home numerous "wayward" animals to my house to be rescued. OMG...I'm still doing it...except it's not animals now...it's "wayward" people...and I have a pretty long list of people that I've tried to rescue. Rescue from life's harshness...rescue from others...rescue from themselves...see??? Why do I have this need to rescue and befriend life's "cast-offs"?? It's like I can't help it even though realistically, I know this is crazy...but I do it and probably will con't to do it, sigh...
Anyhow...I'm glad I got the chance to let Elvis know exactly where we stand and that if he ever tries something stupid like that again...he better cover his balls!! LOL
Going to bed...
No comments:
Post a Comment