Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The speed of light, Part 2...

Oh boy...I swear, if my hip and knee didn't hurt like hell, I'd march my sorry ass downstairs to the printer where I could scan the note I received from the teacher...Ms. M, though...it seems like 2 different hand writings, I'm going to assume the note is from her since there is no signature from Mrs. K. So for your reading enjoyment, here's the note (as copied word for word from me), note: my comments in red (like that's not obvious):

This experiment may be a little more complicated than Chase is ready to handle. Sheesh, really? Where oh where did you ever get that idea?? Perhaps it's cause he's only 11 and never had trigonometry or physics, no? He only finished reading it yesterday. He chose this experiment because it looked easy. No....you're killing me here with your infinite wisdom. But, I have even a better explanation...now, Lord knows I'm no professional, but I have a hunch that he chose this project in a legitimate attempt to aquire a laser pointer...but I could be wrong, NOT! They may change to a different experiement if needed (oh it's needed all right). This experiment was designed with a difficulty of 7-8 (now surely she doesn't me a grade level 7 or 8...I mean if your freaking parents can't figure it out, then maybe it shouldn't be an option at all) maybe it means you need 7 or 8 years of college, IDK.

Well...she was nice enough to enclose Snell's law (aka the law of refraction or the law of sines)...but even with that handy, dandy tool...I still can't do it. I admit, I got thru high school and nursing school, but I'm no Einstein and the only thing more puzzling to me than science...is math. You know, I'm sorry that apparently I'm just not smart enough to participate in your lovely little science fair, but at this point, I really don't care if Chase takes a ZERO as I've already wasted enough brain cells trying to figure this out...all in the name of "education". Wow...I wish we could fire our teachers when they're just plain stupid! First of all...if the project was way over Chase's head (and she obviously recognized it), then why didn't she assign something else? I mean isn't that HER job?? OMG...conferences (student led) are Thurs. and Fri...and honestly, I'm not sure how I can go and even be civil to this woman. In fact, Nolan is taking Paige to dance tonight cause, seriously...if that skinny bitch of a teacher says anything mean and hateful to my kid...I might have to snap her radius in two...and don't think I can't do it! That, and why people...why did Paige have to be put in a class with Mrs. KRSC jr.?? I mean come on...it's not bad enough that I have to be insulted by her MIL twice a year...but now I have to look at her once a week as well? Fortunately for me...her dd has 2 left feet and doesn't have a rhythmic bone in her body. I can only hope that next session she decides to take gymnastics or soccer...cause the kid can't dance...that and she seems to have a pretty stellar case of ADD which is constantly putting the focus on her to "rejoin" the group. While the others are dancing their hearts out and/or listening to the teacher...she's off twirling about in her fur coat. Why do I deserve this punishment?

The recital is only a month away...it's only a month away...it's only a month away...it's only a month away...

No comments: